This sprint’s retrospect has me thinking about building and maintaining high performing teams.
My own personal colleague training and development philosophy is…
1. Hire character, not skill.
2. Train skill, not character.
3. Train your people to the point where they can replace you, where they can become your fiercest competitors.
4. Treat them so they will be loyal to the end.
5. Never stop learning yourself. Every day. And let your people see that you do. With an eye towards the impossible.
6. When not learning, teach.